Sunday, September 2, 2012

Republican Delegates Assault Black Camerwoman with Peanuts,Calling her an Animal -- at Republican National Convention

On Tuesday night, two right wing extremist Repubican attendees of the Republican Convention assaulted a black CNN Camerawoman. Patricia Carroll was pelted with peanuts and called an "animal."  Patricia told Journal-isms on Thursday that "I hate that it happened, but I'm not surprised at all."

The two white Republicans screamed through the pelting: "This is what we feed animals."
Patricia alerted fellow camera operators, producers and CNN security. The head of the STATE delegation — told her the perpetrators must have been alternates, not delegates.
But Carroll, 34, said that as an Alabama native, she was not surprised. "This is Florida, and I'm from the Deep South," she said. "You come to places like this, you can count the black people on your hand. They see us doing things they don't think I should do."
Carroll noted of the Republican convention, "There are not that many black women there."
She said she wanted to thank CNN, which "has been behind me 100 percent." Although she was stationed on the floor next to Fox News, she was not operating the camera at the time. The perpetrators "didn't know what I was doing. I happened to be standing there," near one of the delegations.
"I can't change these people's hearts and minds," Carroll added. "No, it doesn't feel good. But I know who I am. I'm a proud black woman. A lot of black people are upset. This should be a wake-up call to black people. . . . People were living in euphoria for a while. People think we're gone further than we have."
Carroll said she had received many requests for interviews and was in meetings most of Wednesday. "I was hoping this story would go away," she said. "I'm not interested in talking to any other media about this."

No comments:

Page Hits